Bad cut (kind of graphic)

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Ross939
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Bad cut (kind of graphic)

Post by Ross939 »

It looks as though it's doing quite well, under the circumstances. Relatively light swelling and good color indicates no infection, Hand injuries are tough, though. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Last edited by Ross939 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

Rockchucker wrote:Vicodin,( I hate pain pills, foggy head is almost as bad as the pain!) no work for a day or two, I'm going to take advantage of the nice weather and day hike tomorrow, with my hand elevated of course. Good thing I'll be where no one is other, quite the site, a guy walking with a hand resting on his head! :retard:
Hmm.. Vicodin has no fogginess effect on me. 3 advil works like 1 vicodin. but ask your doc.

Too soon to hike even hand above head. I know you wanna. don't. artery.
Rockchucker
Topix Expert

Post by Rockchucker »

rlown wrote:
Rockchucker wrote:Vicodin,( I hate pain pills, foggy head is almost as bad as the pain!) no work for a day or two, I'm going to take advantage of the nice weather and day hike tomorrow, with my hand elevated of course. Good thing I'll be where no one is other, quite the site, a guy walking with a hand resting on his head! :retard:
Hmm.. Vicodin has no fogginess effect on me. 3 advil works like 1 vicodin. but ask your doc.

Too soon to hike even hand above head. I know you wanna. don't. artery.
Vicodin keeps me from sleeping, gives my head a numb fogginess, but all prescription pain killers does that to me.
I'm no suture for my future.
Rockchucker
Topix Expert

Post by Rockchucker »

Ross939 wrote:It looks as though it's doing quite well, under the circumstances. Relatively light swelling and good color indicates no infection, Hand injuries are tough, though. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Went to the doctor today and she said it is doing great no infection, swelling is still pretty bad compared to my good hand, and the pain is way less than yesterday. Thanks for the well wishes! :thumbsup:
try
Founding Member

Post by try »

As others on this Board have said, you'd be surprised on what you can do when you have to. To your point on accidents happening when you are solo, several years ago I was solo camping when my back went "out", meaning that I couldn't even stand up. The pain was intense. Fortunately the trailhead was only 5 miles away. Somehow I forced myself to break camp. The pack looked rather messy, but I got everything in it. I managed to get my pack on and found a great branch that I could use as a crutch. That 5 miles seemed like 55 and just getting into the car took supreme effort. Long story short, you do what you have to.
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

You might get it soon. We're not invincible. We don't get younger, but we are supposed to get smarter. And now we have affordable healthcare. :p Did a tetanus shot come to mind?
I hate when people think I have that young person mentality of being invincible because I have never had that in my life. When it comes to injuries I never see a doctor because of the cost sure but I also just don't like the medical field at all. Too much dark age toxic crap I just want to avoid. That is why I only ever go to the doctor if it's truly a matter of life or death. The idea of tetanus did come to mind but my drill had no rust on it so I was not worried. And once again before I would agree to such a shot I would need a complete ingredient break down and do a ton of research before I would agree to taking one.

As for affordable health care since we live in an Orwellian society that means now it really costs allot! I wont be forced into signing up for anything...
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

RC,

how'd your dayhike go? Hand above your heart and all?
Rockchucker
Topix Expert

Post by Rockchucker »

Went great! Way better sitting watching Turners Classic Movie channel! My hand's swelling went way down today, I can actually hold something in it without my eyes sweating. :crybaby:

Thanks for asking!