Zimmerbuilt

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
Rockchucker
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: Zimmerbuilt

Post by Rockchucker »

I'm no suture for my future.
overheadx2
Topix Expert

Post by overheadx2 »

That looks like a nice pack and pretty light. make sure you report back. I'm in need of a new pack this summer and being 6'6" a custom pack might be nice. The web site is tough to navigate. There don't seem to be any way to get an idea of the packs with out clicking on each one. Also, I didn't see any prices. If you don't mind, what did this one cost.
Rockchucker
Topix Expert

Post by Rockchucker »

Kind of expensive but I hope it pays for itself with many years of use. $330 us.
Rockchucker
Topix Expert

Post by Rockchucker »

And yea his web page sucks, luckily Chris is so easy to work with.kind of the opposite of his site.
Rockchucker
Topix Expert

Post by Rockchucker »

The pack arrived today and is beyond my expectations. The craftsmanship is second to none. His sewing is perfect. I loaded it up with all my maximum gear sans water and food but including the bear canister and it feels much better than my exos58 osprey pack.The internal frame works great with the load lifters. I honestly think my day pack fully loaded weighs more and carries worse. I can't wait to take it out and beat it up a bit. Nevada is calling!
Rockchucker
Topix Expert

Post by Rockchucker »

I'll take a bunch of pictures and post them tomorrow.
FeetFirst
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by FeetFirst »

Looks good! How's it been treating you so far?

I'm working out the details for mine with Zimmer right now.
I'm still rather convinced that you can achieve more than you've ever dreamed of if you just lower your standards.
Rockchucker
Topix Expert

Post by Rockchucker »

FeetFirst wrote:Looks good! How's it been treating you so far?

I'm working out the details for mine with Zimmer right now.
I love it! No real shakedown trips but a few day hikes. One thing is it's bigger than expected, when he gives you volume it only for the main pack. If you include the other pockets it's quite a bit more. The craftsmanship is incredible. The pack truly is a work of art. I like it so much I gave my Exos to my brother.
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by hikerduane »

Hay Tyson. To everyone else, nice packs, for a "custom" pack, I thought the price was very good. I paid $370? I believe for my winter capacity 5000ci?, top loader pack from Chris last October, weight was 33 oz. with tons of extra strap material that needs to be trimmed. Over three pounds lighter than my old Epperson pack that I've had for over 20 years. I did not like how the waist belt pouch is located, too far back to reach easily. Xpac material mostly, black with blue accents from a few scraps he had. Will haul 30 pounds, but he said some have gone to 35lbs., but I'd have to try it at that much weight, I've used mine fine with 25+ lbs. and no stopping for 90 minutes when I reached camp.
Duane
Piece of cake.
Rockchucker
Topix Expert

Post by Rockchucker »

My son and I are doing a one night shakedown trip this weekend, I'll take a few pictures and post results. I'll be halling a bit of extra weight because it's only one night so why not bring a steak?