Avalanche Warnings for Tahoe Region

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Avalanche Warnings for Tahoe Region

Post by maverick »

http://sierraavalanchecenter.org/advisory#simple" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
TahoeJeff
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Avalanche Warnings for Tahoe Region

Post by TahoeJeff »

Yep, we got a ton of wet heavy snow!
"A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both."

Milton Friedman
Vaca Russ
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Avalanche Warnings for Tahoe Region

Post by Vaca Russ »

TahoeJeff wrote:Yep, we got a ton of wet heavy snow!
I concur. We were up there over the weekend and it rained and rained all Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The rain melted much of the snow at lake level. We drove up to Luther Pass and the snow was coming down very thick and heavy. It was your classic "Sierra Cement".

-Russ
"...Or have you only comfort, and the lust for comfort, that stealthy thing that enters the house a guest, and then becomes a host and then a master?"

Kahil Gibran.