Best burger in the Sierra

Have a favorite trail recipe or technique you'd like to share? Please do! We also like reviews of various trail food products out there. The Backcountry Food Topix forum is the place to discuss all things related to food and nourishment while in the Sierra wilderness (as well as favorite trail head eateries).
wanderin.jack
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Best burger in the Sierra

Post by wanderin.jack »

This thread reminds me of the worst burger I've ever had, which happened to be in the eastern Sierra at Whiskey Creek. I'll never go there again. Actually I'm always after fresh veggies when I get off the trail and often head for thiad up in mammoth. Never have found a place worth stopping at in bishop. The Alabama Hills Cafe in Lone Pine is about the best food in the Eastern Sierra that I've found.

Wanderin' Jack
Wanderin' Jack
SolitaryRefinement
Topix Novice

Re: Best burger in the Sierra

Post by SolitaryRefinement »

We discovered the Burger Barn in Bishop on our trip last year.

My. Goodness. =D>

I was unsure at first, but one bite into their veggie burger dispelled all fears or concerns. After days of re-hydrated/powdered/preserved, it was an ooey-gooey treat.
jessegooddog
Topix Regular

Post by jessegooddog »

Pie in the Sky across from Rock Creek Lake makes a pretty good lentil burger, but closes at 3 pm.
MJF
Topix Novice

Post by MJF »

I'll cast my vote for the Bishop Creek Lodge. The burgers are on a whole new level of deliciousness.
afahrland
Topix Acquainted

Post by afahrland »

jessegooddog wrote:Pie in the Sky across from Rock Creek Lake makes a pretty good lentil burger, but closes at 3 pm.

Is Pie in the Sky still serving breakfast/lunch? They said they were gonna stop to "focus on their pie business" a few years ago. They had awesome pancakes.