Onion Valley-Matlock Lakes Backpack (Topix trip)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Trekker
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Trekker »

Nice pics, Trailtrekker!!! :nod: I really like some of the tree pics you got with the sun, mountains, etc. in the background. I missed those colors since I drove up and back in the dark! Too bad. :( About those "other" pics..... :D
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Yeah, the "other" pics! :lol: :lol:

Fun trip! Lets do it again, SOON!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ranboze
Topix Regular

Post by Ranboze »

OK... I wasn't gonna do it... but I see that the time has come.

Here it is! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :p
Walking outside is where I find what's inside.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

:lol: :moon: :lmao Good one!!!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

Trekker
Topix Regular

Post by Trekker »

For those of you who are still wondering, those are North Face Paramount Convertible pants; lots of pockets, tough material, lots of sensible details.............this IS why these pics are being posted, isn't it??? :unibrow:

Maybe it's a good thing I do all those squats, although Snowy is always saying I need to do more hiking and less weight lifting.

I must say it is rather gratifying to see the women of the group posting these shots...................... :wink:
Trekker
Topix Regular

Post by Trekker »

Here's day 2 of my pics. Don't worry, these are 'G' Rated....no incriminating pictures! :D
[img=http://thumb11.webshots.net/t/59/559/1/ ... fIu_th.jpg][/url]
madeintahoe
Topix Expert

Post by madeintahoe »

Wonderful pictures everyone! I sure have enjoyed looking at them all...Thank you for posting them. Looks like everyone had a really fun time out there. What a pretty Lake Matlock is, great place to camp!

The Mount Gould pictures are beautiful, You all got some awesome pictures of all of you in them up there. Cori..I love that one that shows Mt. Clarence King and Cotter behind you and Ranboze, very cool.
Love the funny captions & silly group shots :lol: :lol: :lol:
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Good job on almost getting Gould! I was surprised you got that far! Looks like you're getting the hang of webshots. Good captions, shows how you felt! :retard:

MiT, having the timer go off 3 times helps get those silly shots. Last weekend Tomcat and I were doing the same pose on the 3rd shot! Hope to have them posted tonight or tomorrow. :lol:

huts

Post by huts »

I have enjoyed and been somewhat envious of all the pictures. I would have joined you all but I dislocated my little toe earlier in the week and it was still swollen and painful. I still hope to meet some of you. Perhaps a ski trip this winter?
Trailtrekker06
Topix Regular

Post by Trailtrekker06 »

huts- We did think about you, we remembered that you had said you were coming at one point. Next time! I hope your toe is okay. Foot problems are crummy. Would you consider Death Valley sometime this winter?