slack water raft for fishing...lightweight

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

slack water raft for fishing...lightweight

Post by markskor »

OldRanger just sent this link to me...new backpackable fishing raft.
1/2 pound lighter than our recently purchased Klymit LWD.
Main difference other than weight - Only holds 250 pounds (my Klymit - 350), so might be better for smaller/lighter hikers.
http://supaiadventuregear.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mountainman who swims with trout
neil d
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: slack water raft for fishing...lightweight

Post by neil d »

That looks pretty sweet! Thanks for the link. How do you like your Klymit?
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by markskor »

neil d wrote: How do you like your Klymit?
My Klymit LWD?
As it arrived too late last season for any of our scheduled trips backcountry, only used/tried out twice here in Mammoth at Mary and Mamie...sweet toy nonetheless...3 pounds total for raft and paddle...folds up small.

Plan is to carry it all this season - (will keep you all informed). Anticipated trips include McCabes, Harriets, Edna, Rockbound, and Adair, among others - hopefully with the company of that irascible old fart Mike - an armada...a 2-man fleet? Another trip too with Russ - North Lake -> the Royces and down Pine Creek...Puppet?

I did buy an Alpacka 4-piece kayak paddle at X-mas, but had I seen the the Supai paddle first (3 oz lighter) probably would have bought that paddle instead.

As water conditions are anticipated low this season, fish will be most probably be far out and in deeper water as it warms up - shore inexcessable - hopefully such a raft will be just the hot ticket for backcountry fishing success. \:D/
Mountainman who swims with trout
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by oldranger »

Used mine in the Eaglecap wilderness. Because of the shape it is much faster going forward than backward. Therefore I recommend using kayak paddles rather than hand paddles.
image.jpg
Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!