"Tuttle Peak," Mt. Langley via Northeast Couloir

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
Eric1234
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

"Tuttle Peak," Mt. Langley via Northeast Couloir

Post by Eric1234 »

I climbed this route last May, but somehow neglected to write the report until now. Hopefully the route is in good climbing shape by this spring.
http://peaksforfreaks.blogspot.com/2013 ... heast.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: "Tuttle Peak," Mt. Langley via Northeast Couloir

Post by maverick »

Very nice Eric, another great TR and some great pic's. Wonder how this route will look
like this year at the same time if this drought continues.
Thanks for posting it. :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Post by Wandering Daisy »

I did the NE Couloir of Langley years ago on 4th July. We found it a very dangerous route. You were wise to do it at night even if your reason were to photograph at dawn from the top. We are in a really tight steep chute when sun hit the top, evidently melting snow and ice, and boulders loosened and started whizzing down the chute. Bowling ball rocks were ricocheting off the walls! Once above that chute on flatter ground the snow had enough sun on it to turn to mush. Massive post-holing! Must say it was one of the most miserable climbs I ever did.
Mradford
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Mradford »

Awesome trip! The alpenglow in some of those photos is insane!