Mummy- Fletcher

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
Sierragator
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Mummy- Fletcher

Post by Sierragator »

Bagged these two peaks today via trail canyon/north loop. Mummy was easier than I was expecting, that "3rd class chute" on the west face was not that bad. Snow was present, but was not much of an issue. Descended back to north loop trail went around to the saddle between Mummy and Fletcher and summited Fletcher. The weather was perfect today. Good day on the mountain.
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by hikerduane »

Yea, wasn't it nice. I was in Lassen Park, in shorts and a short sleeve shirt in the afternoon still at 8000'. The lake we were at was partially froze though. Not bad last night.
Piece of cake.
wingding

Post by wingding »

Congrats on getting Mummy/Fletcher. I haven't done Fletcher yet, but I really enjoyed the hike to Mummy - I agree the class 3 chute isn't too bad at all. When I did Mummy I was planning on heading up the class 2 route, but I saw a couple of people head up the class 3 section, so I followed them and found it was a good way to get up the cliff band.

Is there much snow in the Spring Mountains yet?

I'm planning on doing Bridge Mountain over in Red Rocks on Nov. 10th or 11th unless I hear that the crack you need to go up is iced up, so I'm looking forward to my next Vegas area trip.
Sierragator
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Sierragator »

THe only snow I encountered was left over from that storm a couple of weeks ago. It was on north facing slopes and maybe 4 or 5 inches deep, mostly consolidated, but easy to kick steps into. THe snowline (if you can call it that at this point is around 9k feet on the north facing slopes. South facing is clear. Hope that helps.
wingding

Post by wingding »

Thanks Sierragator - Unless it storms this next week it doesn't sound like ice will be a problem on Bridge, which is just about 7000 feet in elevation.