Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Near Boy Scout Lakes

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
orbitor
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Near Boy Scout Lakes

Post by orbitor »

maverick wrote:Hi Orbitor,

Would really enjoy seeing a TR with photo's of your trip in separate post, is this
in the works?
maverick,
I know we got off-topic in this post. Yes, I was going to mention the TR is coming - sometime after 11 December I think, as I have a lot of things going on at the moment. Didn't even get to upload my photos online yet... :(
To give you an idea of what's coming, my climbing partner hauled a Canon EOS 5D all the way to the top, so once he processes the shots, we should be seeing some EPIC panoramas.
Climbing | Community | Adventure | Life
http://www.sierramountaineeringclub.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Orbitor wrote:
Yes, I was going to mention the TR is coming - sometime after 11 December I think,
Looking forward to it. Thanks :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
EpicSteve
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by EpicSteve »

I apologize to everyone for contributing to the derailment of this thread, but I'd also like to thank orbitor for the info!

Getting back to the original topic, the article was fascinating. I hadn't heard about this. Some good lessons for all of us, regardless of experience. Thanks for posting!
“I don’t deny that there can be an element of escapism in mountaineering, but this should never overshadow its real essence, which is not escape but victory over your own human frailty.”

- Walter Bonatti