Sad day

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Shawn
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Sad day

Post by Shawn »

My condolences to you too. Such a young age for a tragic loss.
Rest In Peace
Vaca Russ
Topix Expert

Post by Vaca Russ »

Tyson,

We are very sorry to hear of your loss. Please give our condolences to your wife.

Thanks,

-Russ
"...Or have you only comfort, and the lust for comfort, that stealthy thing that enters the house a guest, and then becomes a host and then a master?"

Kahil Gibran.
Fly Guy Dave
Topix Expert

Post by Fly Guy Dave »

I'm really sorry for your loss. I've been there and it isn't fun, but LMBSGV said it well, I can't add anything to that. Nature calls...

--F.G. Dave
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --The Dude (Jeff Lebowski)

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ross939
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Sad day

Post by Ross939 »

Rockchucker: what a great picture of your Father in law, a great way to remember him, my friend.
Last edited by Ross939 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichardCullip
Topix Regular

Post by RichardCullip »

It is a sad day indeed to lose someone close to you. I'm sorry for your loss.
Life is good. Eternal Life is better!

Richard
Troutdog 59
Topix Expert

Post by Troutdog 59 »

My sincere condolences for your loss Rock. There are few words that can ease the anguish of losing someone close to you, but time does miraculous things.
Once in a while you can get shown the light
In the strangest places if you look at it right.

The Grateful Dead
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator

Post by giantbrookie »

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss especially someone who wasn't very old. Terrific photo of him. That looks like a geologist's pose.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jessegooddog
Topix Regular

Post by jessegooddog »

Many in the eastern sierra are mourning his loss, including a lady who works with me at ESWC where I volunteer. She was crying 3 days later as she told me a story of his help driving her husband to Mammoth Hospital in the middle of the night. Said she had never known a nicer man. I am sorry I never met him, he was very well respected.
Rockchucker
Topix Expert

Post by Rockchucker »

jessegooddog wrote:Many in the eastern sierra are mourning his loss, including a lady who works with me at ESWC where I volunteer. She was crying 3 days later as she told me a story of his help driving her husband to Mammoth Hospital in the middle of the night. Said she had never known a nicer man. I am sorry I never met him, he was very well respected.
Cindy is an amazing person, she does so much for the valley. Thanks so much for the kind words.
I'm no suture for my future.