Mount Silliman

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
BrianF
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by BrianF »

Well, you've inspired me! I am driving up Saturday night to hike it on Sunday while the weather holds. Thanks for the great pics
wingding

Post by wingding »

Brian - The weather looks like it will be good for your hike on Sunday. It's a fun hike to Silliman - enjoy! Also, you don't have to get a campsite at lodgepole campground if you're sleeping in your vehicle - just pull into one of the spots in the parking lot near the restrooms. I don't know why, but the restrooms at lodgepole campground stay warm all night in the winter. It's great to have a warm place to change close and they aren't stinky chemical toilets.

Kathy
madeintahoe
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by madeintahoe »

Kathy, Congratulations on Silliman! Perfect weather you had for sure. I love those wide open granite slabs. Looks like a beautiful area of the Sierra
wingding

Post by wingding »

Thanks Anita. After I got back from the Silliman trip I decided that next year I'm going to do at least one backpacking trip starting on the west side. I might start at Roads End and go to Lake Basin picking up State and Marion Peaks while out there.