2013 Expedition

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
sparky
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: 2013 Expedition

Post by sparky »

Glad you made it back safe and sound Rogue.

I know writing trip reports isn't your favorite activity, but I am also highly anticipating all the great pictures of lesser traveled areas!

Cant wait to read your itenerary for next year!
Pulpit
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by Pulpit »

Thanks for sharing your your stories with us again this year Rogue, and glad to hear the trip was such a rousing success!
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

I'll do something like I did last year where when I finish a week of photos i'll put them in a thread in the photography section. I have already been uploading some from the first week.

I forgot to add the peaks I climbed to statistics:

(in order)
Bigelow
Stanton
Conness
Sed Slate
Red and White
Saddle
Sharktooth
Silver
Volcanic Knob
Recess
12,680 (approximate altitude) SE of Recess Peak
Shinn
Fleming
Hutton
Finger
Tunemah
11,920 (approximate altitude) NW of Tunemah Lake
Blue Canyon
Scylla
Solomon
Shakespere
11,151 (Windy Cliff)
Red Point
Marion
Sill
Goodale
Striped
Arrow
Tyndall
Mineral
Lawson
Kaweah Queen
Picket Guard
Kaweah

I'm a bit lazy at the moment to try and think of all the passes I crossed!
kpeter
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by kpeter »

RoguePhotonic wrote:Heading up Bubbs Creek I heard a woman yelling help! Help! A bear! I thought is she serious? Does she think I am a bear? But she kept yelling for help until I see her sticking her head out of her tent with a bear 30 feet away playing with her bear barrel. So I calmly walk over toward the bear clapping my hands and off it goes with no problem. It was all quite funny. At least she was quite beautiful. ;)
Quite a story Rogue, and ever since I read it I knew what I wanted to ask you. What makes a bear especially beautiful to you? ;)
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

Lol I do find bears beautiful although asking why someone finds something beautiful is a bit beyond human understanding at the moment. Almost every time I see a doe on the trail I talk to them softly saying "hey pretty girl". They actually seem to like that. :p

Honestly though I don't know why at the time I felt the need to note that the girl was beautiful. I probably had just been out for far to long in the wild. I have more respect for woman than most men ever will. It's my personal opinion that woman are superior to men in every single way that matters and I have chosen to live my whole life alone without a girlfriend or wife simply because I believe that woman deserve far better than to be with me and I want far better for them so I go it alone.
Mike M.
Topix Expert

Post by Mike M. »

Rogue, can't wait to see your photos and hear more about your epic adventure. I think it is safe to say, we are all envious!

Mike
toejam
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by toejam »

Just amazing! I'm so glad you share your adventures with us.
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

I hope this does not continue to be a trend! Me having to post pictures like this after a hike lol

Injured Ear:

As of now the ear still hurts on the inside and feels a bit weird to the touch. Like possibly the bones or cartilage was heavily damaged and displaced.

As for my sprained finger it almost has a full range of motion but still hurts as well. Looks like a month isn't quite enough heal time.