Boundary-Montgomery

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
tomcat_rc
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Boundary-Montgomery

Post by tomcat_rc »

as it turns out - 2 groups had this hike scheduled same day - so we combined for added company

Snow Nymph has scheduled these as a birthday hike
CLMRG also had a group trip

Saturday - Rachel W., Bob H., Bill S., Mark M. and I left Ridgecrest to meet at the Queen Saddle turnoff. After some dinking around in Bishop - including a trip to Wilsons - it was off to the hills. I had to stop and get some food when I realized I had left by food bag sitting at home on kitchen counter.

We got to turnoff around 430 - Snow Nymph had been there about a half hour and had not noticed anyone else headed up. The Tahoe girls showed up within 30 minutes - Kerstin & Anita. We waited for Quintinc for awhile - then decided to leave note and head off to trailhead. Up at the trailhead we met Sierragator who had arrived about 2 hours earlier from Vegas(welcome back to the mountains my friend). Snow took one more drive down the hill about 8:00 to see if Larry had arrived late.

Saturday night we had fire, drinks and good cheer - all went to bed around 930 with thoughts of next days hike.

Sunday - we all left trail around 7 or so. There was snow at the upper elevation but not enough to take the snow gear(thankfully). Almost all made it to Boundary Peak - half the group braved the snow and ugly rocks/talus to summit Montgomery as well.

Great day for a hike - weather was perfect :partyman: :partyman:
Happy Birthday to Snow Nymph - congrats on a succesfull peak summit.

pictures to be posted later
Trekker
Topix Regular

Post by Trekker »

Glad to hear you had a great hike and that Snowy had great weather and a successful summit for her birthday!!! :nod: Sounds like a lot of fun; wish I could have been there. :(
Sierragator
Founding Member

Post by Sierragator »

That was a GREAT welcome home. It was great to see old friends and to finally meet snownymph, madeintahoe, kerstin, and mark. Looking forward to those pix.
quentinc
Topix Expert

Post by quentinc »

I wish I could have been there too! I drove around in circles on Rte 6 looking for the turnoff, but it was impossible to find after dark. Oh well -- I did have a nice time day hiking in the Eastern Sierra instead, but wished I could have joined you guys.
tomcat_rc
Topix Regular

Post by tomcat_rc »

time to invest in a gps and a good mapping program(or topozone will get you some waypoints) - sorry we missed you - was a grand day on the moutain
quentinc
Topix Expert

Post by quentinc »

I am a dedicated hater of technology (especially in the wilderness!), but the advantages of a GPS are becoming apparent.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Here's some PHOTOS: Day 1 of 5: http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/554972954QFKgbs

I got to the Queen Mine turnoff a little early, and had time to check out "Janie's Ranch". A lot of small bedrooms with gaudy decor and a little brown "tip tray" or something like that on the wall. :unibrow:

Working on the Boundary Peak dayclimb and hope to get it up before I leave tomorrow!
Last edited by Snow Nymph on Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kerstin
Topix Acquainted

Post by Kerstin »

It was wonderful to meet all of you! I had such a great time! Thank you for posting the photos, Cori. I'm looking forward to seeing the others. :D
tomcat_rc
Topix Regular

Post by tomcat_rc »

enjoyed meeting and hiking with everyone this trip - sorry we could not be there to enjoy some cake and more celebration. I know my middle could use the extra pounds. then again we figured was a good night for girls night out. :D

finally got around to uploading photos - club photo was giving me fits earlier - so if you get little red x-s and no picts check back later - promise the weekend was not wasted taking pictures of red x's

Tom's picts: http://members3.clubphoto.com/tom103807 ... uest.phtml

also Bob H. put his up also: http://members19.clubphoto.com/bob77253 ... uest.phtml
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

:D LOL!!! Thanks tomcat! I didn't see any red X's. Enjoyed the photos from you and Bob.

This was my first all girls group trip! All the way til Wednesday! :partyman: :partyman:

MiT and Kirsten, I'm so glad you two made it for this trip! Hanging out was fun and you made this a special birthday! SnowDude had to travel on my :birthday, but I still took the days off and we had a great time! :D

Photos later . . .
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;