McMurry Meadow Road

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

McMurry Meadow Road

Post by maverick »

Has anyone used this road since the flash floods a few months back? If yes, is
a 4 wheel drive needed or will a Honda civic make it to Birch Creek? Have not
driven this road in 20+ years, in a truck back then it was okay.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Rockchucker
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: McMurry Meadow Road

Post by Rockchucker »

I haven't driven it since the floods but the rocks are pretty bad going up to birch, I wouldn't take a civic. I plan on driving it next week and can give you a better idea then. Maybe even a picture or two. When are you planning on going?
I'm no suture for my future.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: McMurry Meadow Road

Post by maverick »

End on the month. An update would be great, photos would be the icing on
the cake! :thumbsup:
Thanks.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org