Mt. Ritter - Banner Peak Conditions

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
Hohniker
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Mt. Ritter - Banner Peak Conditions

Post by Hohniker »

Anybody have any info on the current conditions of the SE Glacier route or North Face route from Banner-Ritter saddle? Planning on going up this weekend.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Mt. Ritter - Banner Peak Conditions

Post by maverick »

Welcome to HST!
Here are some aerial photos taken August of the area that may help.
http://www.supertopo.com/climbers-forum ... ch-Imagery" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Hohniker
Topix Newbie

Post by Hohniker »

Thanks for the link! I wish those pictures were taken under better circumstances. Tragic about Matthew Greene
calicokat
Topix Novice

Post by calicokat »

Did you make it up? How are the conditions. I am looking at going up in a couple weeks. Is the glacier passable without ice tools, will crampons get the job done. Thanks :)