Trip Report for Lakes at the head of Post Corral Creek

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
sekihiker
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Trip Report for Lakes at the head of Post Corral Creek

Post by sekihiker »

I took a couple of trips into the headwaters of Post Corral Creek and wrote a report for the last visit which can be found at:
http://sierrahiker.home.comcast.net/~si ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
slowhiker
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Trip Report for Lakes at the head of Post Corral Creek

Post by slowhiker »

Thanks for the TR. I appreciated your comments about 'conditioning". I will be posting a TR very soon (once I figure out the best way to make the pictures available), which will have some focus on being in decent condition prior to beginning a hike. It sounds like you have figured out a good way to be ready. by the way, some of your previous years TR's have been helpful for my planning, again thanks.
TehipiteTom
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by TehipiteTom »

Another great trip report, Bill. That's a great area--often overlooked by people looking for higher, showier stuff, but it has its own very different charms.

I've camped at the big meadow lake (east of Point 10124) and the last lake you visited (9840+), and both were fine spots. Also camped at the Reddy's Hole pond--as you no doubt noticed, it's extremely shallow, and we had a hard time getting water there, which is too bad because it's a pretty spot.

I've gone in there from the north--once via Thompson Pass then east along the ridgeline, once via Mt. Shinn Pass. Either way, lots of great routes you can do around there.
paul
Topix Expert

Post by paul »

Nice. I've been through there on skis, but never in the summer, so it's nice to see how it looks without the snow.
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator

Post by giantbrookie »

Very interesting report. This is certainly an area one almost never hears about and that fact makes it more fun to explore such places.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;