gardiner basin

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
The hermit
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

gardiner basin

Post by The hermit »

I'm taking planning on visiting 60 lakes basin next week. Wondering how hard it is to get over into gardiner? It looks pretty easy to go up from the south end of 60 lakes basin (the second furthest south lake). Any pointers on the trail over kearsarge and glen? Going solo and comfortable up to class 2-3. Got a nothing but time so side trips are welcome. Scenery and lakes are the priority. Not fishing this time. Thanks in advance!
Enginerd
Topix Novice

Re: gardiner basin

Post by Enginerd »

I just posted trip report on Gardiner, see here and feel free to pm me for gpx file or any questions. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin ... d_id=81667" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you do make it over and have time, I strongly suggest getting down to lower Gardiner lakes, upper does not hold a candle to lower in terms of beauty...to me anyways. Kearsarge and Glen are straightforward along a well traveled trail.
The hermit
Topix Regular

Re: gardiner basin

Post by The hermit »

Found my answers thanks to the HST map. Great feature for trip planning even though my phone takes forever .I'll post a brief report at the end of the month. Thanks for the great site!