Shane Krogen

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
AlmostThere
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Shane Krogen

Post by AlmostThere »

I regret to inform you that Shane Krogen, founder of the High Sierra trail crew, has died in an accidental fall from a helicopter while participating in a marijuana grove cleanup.

an article in Huffington Post announced it. i would link it here if i were not posting from my phone.

Shane was a lifelong outdoorsman and contributed greatly to everyone's enjoyment of the Sierra with tireless efforts to keep trails maintained. he will be missed. i hope that the trail crew will find an appropriate spot to place a memorial in his honor so we can all hike out to pay our respects.
rlown
Topix Docent

Re: Shane Krogen

Post by rlown »

I'll give you this link from DFW; they miss him as well: http://cdfgnews.wordpress.com/2013/09/1 ... volunteer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Re: Shane Krogen

Post by ERIC »

I'm deeply saddened to hear this news. As it has already been said in other threads, what a tragic year of loss for the Sierra Nevada Community..

I met Shane in the late 90's, and have exchanged several emails with him over the years. He was a warm and caring individual, and he will be sorely missed. My thoughts are with his family and friends during this difficult time.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix