Beautiful Remote Sierra Areas - Partners wanted

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Cheetahwoka
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Beautiful Remote Sierra Areas - Partners wanted

Post by Cheetahwoka »

Hi there, I'm looking for backpack partner(s), for safety and companionship, for trips from now through Sept. (or later) to remote areas in the Sierra with off-trail travel and xc passes. I am flexible. Here's part of my bucket list. Email me (keiodrums at sbcglobal dot net), or respond here, and we can talk about style, pace, experience, route, etc. Here's my partial list of incredibly great places:

Dumbbell Lakes in Kings Canyon NP 10 days
Kern-Kaweah basins in Sequoia NP 10 days
Miter Basin/Crabtree Lakes in Sequoia NP 5 days?
Bear Creek alpine area south of Lake Italy in Sierra NF. probably 6 days more or less
Silver Divide in Sierra NF. At least 5 days I would think
Middle Fork Kings river from Tehipite Valley to the JMT or a section of it.

My pack is light (not UL), around 12-15lbs baseweight, I CAN go 12-15 miles on-trail, 5-10 miles xc, and up to 5,000' gain per day, or less. No knee trouble to speak of. Like to fish and eat trout on the way.

Let me know if any of y'all are interested! Thanks.
Cheetahwoka
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Beautiful Remote Sierra Areas - Partners wanted

Post by Cheetahwoka »

Bump
sparky
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Beautiful Remote Sierra Areas - Partners wanted

Post by sparky »

I would be open to a partner for this weekend....sorry I always do last minute trips so it is a maybe. I would only be avaliable friday AM through Sunday PM or possibly monday early AM. I am looking at either Miter Basin or a route from Onion Valley to Center Basin.

PM me and I can be more specific