Trinity Alps loop?

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
mobius1
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Trinity Alps loop?

Post by mobius1 »

Thanks to the rim fire, my Yosemite trip I had planned isn't possible, so I've decided to give the Trinity Alps a try, instead.

I've never been, so I'm completely unfamiliar with the area. I plan to go for 7 days, and would love to come up with some kind of loop (I love cross country!). Any suggestions?

I don't even have so much as a topo map yet, so Google maps is all I've had to go by, until I can pick one up this afternoon! I haven't even decided on a trailhead to start from, yet!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Trinity Alps loop?

Post by maverick »

PM sent.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
WzlSnot
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Post by WzlSnot »

Mobius1 - I had the same thing happen to me: Rim Fire smoked out our Yosemite trip this past week so we went to the Trinity Alps instead. Did a 3d/2n trip into the Emerald snd Sapphire Lakes via Stuart Fork. What alternative did you come up with?
TehipiteTom
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by TehipiteTom »

Too late to help you, probably, but a few years back I did a semi-loop trip out of Long Canyon trailhead: route was trailhead-->Bowerman Meadow-->Anna Lake-->Billy Be Damn Lake-->Echo Lake-->Siligo Meadows-->Deer Creek Pass-->Summit Lake, then back out via Bee Tree Gap and Long Canyon. We did Diamond/Luella/Deer lakes (along with Siligo Peak) on a dayhike from Summit Lake, but you could incorporate that into your route (very limited, but spectacular, camping at Diamond Lake). Spectacular area, well worth checking out.