Western Mountaineering sale

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Western Mountaineering sale

Post by oldranger »

Backcountrygear.com has 15% off many WM bags and free shipping.

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
Vaca Russ
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Western Mountaineering sale

Post by Vaca Russ »

Mike,

Is Backcountrygear.com an HST affiliated company? Can we click through to it and make a purchase that benefits HST?

I am unclear about this company, but I know in the future if I do want to make a purchase I will try to do it by clicking to an HST affiliated company. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up!

-Russ
"...Or have you only comfort, and the lust for comfort, that stealthy thing that enters the house a guest, and then becomes a host and then a master?"

Kahil Gibran.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Here's your answer Russ: http://highsierratopix.com/community/vi ... f=1&t=9826" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

I have access to lots of affiliate companies and have added to the list those I suspect people here might be interested in. But unfortunately, the merchant Mike linked to is not one of them. No harm in posting links to other merchants though. For example, (unfortunately) we cannot be an affiliate for Backcountry.com or for Wilde-Ideas.net (damn, but oh well). Doesn't mean you shouldn't buy from them if there's a better deal to be had. As people post to new merchants, I check to see if we can be an affiliate and add them to the list when available. When not, no big deal. Appreciate the mention, and the support, but buy as you normally would. If that company happens to be one of our affiliates, then please consider clicking through to them via a HST link/banner!
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix