Death Valley - Titus Canyon and Thimble Peak

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
Mtflyer
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Death Valley - Titus Canyon and Thimble Peak

Post by Mtflyer »

Friday morning I was on my own so hiked up Mosic Canyon to kill a little time. Later in the day, met up with John and Sooz at our campsite. Dave and Rebecca showed up later. Saturday we drove the 27 mile, one way dirt road through Titus Canyon stopping along the way to climb Thimble Peak and check out Leadfield. Photos at
http://community.webshots.com/album/515014616XCpwxI
madeintahoe
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by madeintahoe »

Mosaic canyon is very beautiful...all the colors and textures, that must have been pretty cool to see! I have been to Fall & Marble only. Beautiful pictures, I love the color of the sky on your Mosaic hike. And the kitty cat! How sweet is that..nice picture of the couple too, you sure can see in that photo how much they love there kitty, thats so cool I think. Snownymph saw someone hiking with a kitty too.
Thimble peak looks beautiful too, what a nice campsite you had in the funeral mountains..beautiful setting.
I wished I lived a bit closer to DV..it is really beautiful. Looks like you all had a great time in a beautiful area!
Thank you for sharing Mtflyer :D