TR: Kearsarge Pass 8/4 - 8/7

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
toejam
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: TR: Kearsarge Pass 8/4 - 8/7

Post by toejam »

I'm glad there are places like Kearsarge Lakes for the d-bag hikers to concentrate, and guys like T-Tom who report them here so they can be avoided.
TehipiteTom
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by TehipiteTom »

toejam wrote:I'm glad there are places like Kearsarge Lakes for the d-bag hikers to concentrate, and guys like T-Tom who report them here so they can be avoided.
Heh. One thing I will say for Kearsarge Lakes: the evening light is wonderful. No intervening ridges to block the sun before sunset, so you get great golden low-angle light.

But yeah--been there, don't need to go back.

Vidette I had to myself, which is more my customary mode of backpacking.
bluefish
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by bluefish »

I took my wife over Kearsarge to the lakes to celebrate her recovering from breast cancer and the related therapies and operation. One of the biggest smiles I've ever seen was hers on the top of the pass. For once, the other hordes didn't bother me in the least . I thought those endless wide switchbacks would help her get up and over after her ordeal . Thanks, TT for helping re-live a good memory and reinforce there's no going back. Great pics and an informative report. I hope a wilderness ranger see this and maybe decides to swing over that way.