Anyone hiking High Route from Piute pass North

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
jenreyn
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Anyone hiking High Route from Piute pass North

Post by jenreyn »

I just got out from doing the stretch from Piute pass to Cox col today. If anyone is hiking from the ridge above Desolation Lake to Puppet Pass, please keep your eyes peeled for a blue neoprene case(3x6) and a pair of glasses. Lost sunglasses and a camera that isn't mine and would like to somehow get them back(particularily the camera). Spent 2 hours looking on a hillside where I took a layer off and sat my bag down which is when they fell out. Didn't realize it until I had walked only 300yds away when I reached for the camera. Never found them. Gave up as I had to catch a group of folks for the rest of the trip. If anyone is heading that way let me know as it would be greatly appreciated and will be offering a small reward if found. Thanks!

Jen
The hermit
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Anyone hiking High Route from Piute pass North

Post by The hermit »

A little more info on location could help. Such as how close to the pass etc. I'll be up there next month and will keep an eye out.