What is on your wall?

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

What is on your wall?

Post by rlown »

What reminds you of our outdoor experience? what have you put there to remind you of when you go out?

I work from home most of the time. so. I have this. left to right around the wall.
misc 2013 002.JPG
My dad did the deer head from a Utah hunt in '88. yes it was mine.. The next to the right is a picture my friend did of Virginia Lk out of cold canyon. Before they gill netted the trout. The last is a Larry Hayden print of Mallards in flight. Pretty much gives my background and trying to find a balance. I like to hunt and fish. a given. Just want to see it sustainable.

No maps on the wall.. those happen on the desk with annotations.

Anyone else?

Russ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sparky
Topix Fanatic

Re: What is on your wall?

Post by sparky »

I don't have maps on the walls anymore. My lady put an end to that! But she did put up a couple of my pictures that she likes taken of the scenery of upper convict creek
MountainMinstrel
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

What is on your wall?

Post by MountainMinstrel »

I am a pastor and worship leader. I use the photos I take in the backcountry for backgrounds in PowerPoint so I have constant reminders. On top of that, I live just outside of Sonora, CA, so the mountains are all around me... Calling to me.
Just an old musician who loves the Mountains.
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator

Post by giantbrookie »

Our house has a stairway with this curved lower wall above the living room. This is a pretty long curved wall. This is adorned with laminated copies of the Seki-JMW topo map. This meant buying two copies because one of the maps is double sided.

On other walls of the house I have several big black and white prints of various peaks of the High Sierra that were taken by my dad and developed in his home darkroom.

I have some of these in my Fresno State office, too, as well as some photos of my kids holding trout they caught, and a photo of my dad holding the summit register atop his last 14er: Mt. Langley in 1995.

Beer themes are also prominent: the same living room that has the wrap-around Seki-JMW map also has a Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. bar mirror above the shelves that house the huge arsenal of beer and wine glasses. My office at work also has various beer themes (including some Photoshopped "custom" logos we've created for my research group), and lots of photos from geology field trips and various gatherings.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
artrock23
Topix Acquainted

Post by artrock23 »

The walls of my humble abode are too cluttered to have any mountain scenery. :\

Below is my Facebook cover pic, however. It's the group of unnamed peaks that fringe the western edge of Granite Park. They make my mouth water and my muscles twitch (especially the one at the far left with the tasty couloir and nice class 3-4 pitch to the summit) :nod:

mschnaidt
Topix Regular

Post by mschnaidt »

Sky Blue Lake.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

My wife's crap,,,,I mean decor. My memories are in the form of pics I use as my desktop at work. I change them out regularly.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Rlown wrote:

What reminds you of our outdoor experience? what have you put there to remind you
of when you go out?
It should be some of my beautiful art pieces, it's almost as good as being there. :unibrow:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

If I had spare cash, i would adorn the rest of the wallspace with you and other artists from this forum.

Pink Sunset comes to mind.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Opposite wall:
sept misc 2013 006.jpg
From an Oregonian friend/artist. You probably can't see the banana slug crawling down it's nose.

Yeah, 'Pink Sunset' would look good there. 10' of wall. lots of room. hmm.

russ