Independence Peak 10/08/06

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
Ranboze
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Independence Peak 10/08/06

Post by Ranboze »

Snow Nymph, Tomcat rc, Ridgeline and I enjoyed a great day summiting Independence Peak. We left the trail to Robinson Lake 0.85 mile from the parking area and headed towards the ridge. Choices, choices, choices - we headed for the gully to the left of the knob that has the chockstone to its right. The storms of the last few days encompassed the peaks from Lone Pine to just south of Independence Peak. A cloudy morning gave way to a gorgeous afternoon. I had a fabulous time with the group and the guys were great at helping me up, over, and down the rocky stuff.

My photos are here
Last edited by Ranboze on Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walking outside is where I find what's inside.
Trailtrekker06
Topix Regular

Post by Trailtrekker06 »

Nice ones, Ranboze! I have to do this one again- never made it to the actual summit, must have taken a wrong turn somewhere....
Some of the route you posted was definately familiar, I will have to get some info on the route from you and Snowy.
Thanks for posting!
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

That was a FUN trip! My legs were tired after doing 3000' on Saturday. This was a lot easier than when I did it a few months ago! I'll have my pics up tonight! :D :D :D
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ranboze
Topix Regular

Post by Ranboze »

I think you should always do 3000 ft the day before I hike with you! At least I have a chance of keeping up! It was GREAT FUN!
Walking outside is where I find what's inside.
tomcat_rc
Topix Regular

Post by tomcat_rc »

hiked with SnowNymph, Ranboze, & Ridgeline on Sunday - what a great group to hike with. You all saved my bacon when I realized I had forgotten my cap and gloves - I want to thank you again. :D

my pictures: http://members3.clubphoto.com/tom103807 ... uest.phtml

hey it calls me a newbie - how long do I have to be a member before I am not a newbie - did my status get lost when the forum got changed - how embarrasing!!
Last edited by tomcat_rc on Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Great photos, Tom! :rockon: Where's Ridgeline's photos? I'm still working on mine :computer: :whistle:

Yeah, Robin, it was a GREAT trip!! =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D>
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Webshots was painfully slow last night. I fell asleep for awhile, and now its working ok.

My photos of Independence Peak dayclimb: http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/554680810gQYZJn

A great trip and great company!

ridgeline
Founding Member

Post by ridgeline »

Great photos, Tom, Ranboze, Snowy, I will try and get mine going tonight, sat down last night and dozed off in front of the computer. Thanks for the day it was awsome! cant wait to do another one.
Last edited by ridgeline on Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skywalker
Topix Novice

Post by skywalker »

From a newbie....sure looked like a nice peak to bag. You guys are intrepid :)
wingding

Post by wingding »

Congratulation on Independence everyone. I thought there would be more snow. I guess I'm out of touch after 3 weeks at home.