TR: Isberg Trail, 7/26 - 7/27

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
sheperd80
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by sheperd80 »

Thanks for the comments everyone and thanks Balzacomm for the PM reply, unfortunately I didnt get to view your TR before my trip but thats what I get for PMing late the night before :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
sheperd80
Topix Regular

Re: TR: Isberg Trail, 7/26 - 7/27

Post by sheperd80 »

Wandering Daisy wrote:McClure Lake was dammed at one time - still a dammed lake to some degree. When I was there a few years back, later season, it was really low and a big disappointment. The "shoreline" was nothing but swaths of mud. Sounds like it had more water when you visited.
Yeah WD it was pretty low and the dams still there. The far side had a decently deep pool but the rest was quite shallow unfortunately. It was definitely not the highlight of the trip, especially after seeing Sadler. I could probably skip it if I went back.

sheperd80
Topix Regular

Post by sheperd80 »

Oops double post
Last edited by sheperd80 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sheperd80
Topix Regular

Post by sheperd80 »

maverick wrote:Congratulations on you first solo overnighter! Thanks for the TR and pretty pictures. :thumbsup:
I unfortuntely to have experinced some obnoxitous individuals while passing by Cora
Lakes several years back, they were taking a bath with soap in the lake, even had
suds all over their horses, yelling at the top of their lungs. :(
Thanks Maverick I really enjoyed going solo.

And yeah its irritating. Thats the problem I have with these pack trails. They enable people who dont necesaarily have the "responsible hiker" mentality (wilderness respect, being quiet, low impact) to reach places they could never get to on their own. I guess I just have to step it up a notch if I want peace and solitude.

I dont mean to be grumpy. Everyone deserves the oppurtunity to enjoy the wilderness and I will certainly take advantage of that service someday im sure. Its just frustrating.

On the 4th when we camped at Chilikoot, a woman and her daughter left 3 small terriers tied to a tree in their camp ALL day while they were off probably watching fireworks at Bass Lake.

The dogs barked ALL DAAAY long. I politely confronted them the next morning and they were apologetic of course... I have several barking dogs in my neighborhood, and I had mentioned to my girlfriend " itll be nice to get away from the barking for a few nights"... siiiiigh