aspen leaf closeup slideshow

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

aspen leaf closeup slideshow

Post by SSSdave »

I just returned October 8 Sunday from 8 days on the road in the Eastern Sierra photographing fall aspen. I will be getting my large format film back till later this week. In the mean time, I've created a short 13 image slide show of aspen leaf closeups I worked on Sunday with my little Coolpix digital camera.

From my website homepage at: http://www.davidsenesac.com

Select the below field to access the slideshow page. The link to run the slideshow is at the bottom of that page. ...David

2006 Aspen Leaf Closeups Slideshow
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Fantastic shots Dave. I love the close-up/macro perspective you got on them. Very well done.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

great close ups! :D
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Windwalker
Founding Member

Post by Windwalker »

Lots of great shots there David!
Trailtrekker06
Topix Regular

Post by Trailtrekker06 »

Ahhhhh! Beautiful stuff! Very peaceful feeling looking at those.
mountainLight
Founding Member

Post by mountainLight »

Enjoyed these close ups dave. Especially those with the ice on the leaves. Nice.
ifernau
Topix Regular

Post by ifernau »

Hi David,
beautiful close-ups. My favorites are the ones with the frost on the leaves.
Inge
Capture the Scene of the Light

Unless you’re prepared to expect the unexpected, you’re likely to miss capturing nature’s finest moments.(Galen Rowell)
http://ifernau.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ifernau/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

Thanks folks for the appreciative comments. Makes the modest effort to construct the slide show files worth some effort. Tens days after returning from that 8 day road trip, due to some lab problems, I have just now today received and reviewed my 70 sheets of film exposed on that trip. 5 tossers and 65 keepers. Probably have more than the legal limit so don't tell the warden. ;)

One of the areas I worked a couple days with a friend that we call the Twisted Red Aspen Grove" that I have visited each fall for many years was incredibly better than I'd ever seen. With the storms and clouds we had some ideal overcast light during two days of shooting inside a near ideally multi-colored aspen grove. Will have to spend some time constructing a trip report with slide show although that will have to wait for now. Gear is once again piled up by my front door as I will soon embark on a trip hunting purple pups down in Windwalkers home turf. ...David