Carson Iceberg TR (pic heavy)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
TahoeJeff
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Carson Iceberg TR (pic heavy)

Post by TahoeJeff »

It has been hot for here; mid 80s. Not as bad as Sunday at 93-95.
"A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both."

Milton Friedman
k9mark
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by k9mark »

TahoeJeff wrote:Mark, the river/high trail split is only a hundred yards or so from the parking area at the TH. Just a bit past the last photo I posted with my boy at the wilderness sign.
The reason I ask is I'm curious how step a climb it is going from the Carson up past wolf creek lake to the trail head at the top cause I'm old and worn out. :crybaby:
God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes
packmule
Topix Regular

Post by packmule »

NIce report Jeff! Thanks for the picture of the infamous Carson Falls. I had a totally diferent picture in my head. Looks the the little guy is well on his way to being a hiking expert like his dad. Way to go bother! =D> I love the picture of Scout in the water, he is saying "I can't go no further." It reminds me of me right below skyblue :D And who knew that burgers were a girls best friend. I will try that next time I get tried of sleeping on th couch :thumbsup:
TahoeJeff
Topix Fanatic

Post by TahoeJeff »

I would have been in real trouble with my wife if the dogs refused to go further!!!!
"A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both."

Milton Friedman
madeintahoe
Topix Expert

Post by madeintahoe »

Thank you for the weather update Jeff..I just heard that you had hail and rain earlier today from my friend.
Vaca Russ
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Vaca Russ »

Jeff,

Thanks for posting a great report about a place we do not often hear about. Two days without seeing a person...SWEET!

My favorite pictures are those of little man with a great big pack. :)

The picture of Scout posing in the stream reminds me of at least one of my little girls when she is hot and discovers water.

Thanks for the report and keep them coming! :D

-Russ
"...Or have you only comfort, and the lust for comfort, that stealthy thing that enters the house a guest, and then becomes a host and then a master?"

Kahil Gibran.
JMat
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by JMat »

Great report Jeff!!! Thanks for taking us all along.
TahoeJeff
Topix Fanatic

Post by TahoeJeff »

Thanks guys for the props! We are planning a couple of more trips before it snows.

Milton Friedman