Rodent/Marmot problem at Trail Head

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
KathyW
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Re: Rodent/Marmot problem at Trail Head

Post by KathyW »

I've had rodents eat wiring in my truck a couple times. The check engine light didn't go on until at home; so it could have happened at home or a trailhead. $600 repair bill the first time and $1400 repair bill the second time. It's been two years now since the last repair job, but recently my I had my cabin air filter replaced it had a lot of large rodent droppings in it.
Yury
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Post by Yury »

John Dittli wrote:This summer I've placed Bounce dryer sheets around the car (easier than un-wrapping the car every time I have to drive :) ) seems to working so far. I've been told they have to be Bounce!
How many dryer sheets did you use?
Do you have a picture by any chance?
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Hi Yury,

Welcome to HST! Not a photo but alternative usage recommendations: http://www.curbly.com/users/chrisjob/po ... yer-sheets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org