Galapagos Revisited

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Galapagos Revisited

Post by copeg »

I think I finally made it through most of my photos and got them online. It was very hard to pick and choose photos, esp from a pool of 3k+, so I just chose some of the better ones while at the same time trying to represent everything we saw. Each one of these photos has a story, but for brevity's sake, I'll zip my mouth ;)

Here is a link to a page I made with photos separated by Island:
http://www.stanford.edu/~gcope/photo/Ga ... shome.html
Rosabella
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Rosabella »

What a wonderful trip!!! Your pictures are fantastic, Greg! I have never seen a flamingo in the wild... and the pictures of the sea lion with the shark are incredible!!

Sunset on the Equator... now that's cool!! (verrryyy romantic ;) )

You've always had great pictures, Greg, but these are amazing. I want to go there :)!!! How long were you there?
copeg

Post by copeg »

Rosabella wrote:What a wonderful trip!!! Your pictures are fantastic, Greg! I have never seen a flamingo in the wild... and the pictures of the sea lion with the shark are incredible!!

Sunset on the Equator... now that's cool!! (verrryyy romantic ;) )

You've always had great pictures, Greg, but these are amazing. I want to go there :)!!! How long were you there?
Thank you Rosie! It was a fantastic trip. We were in the Galapagos for about 2 weeks - one of which was on our cruise touring the islands. Highly recommended! It really is a unique place.

And that sunset at the equator - more to the story. We'd been looking for whales and dolphins for the past 5 days - none. We'd also seen very little sun our entire trip. We just crossed the equator, it clears, the sun starts setting, and what seemed like literally hundreds of whales and dolphins started surfacing all around our boat. It was awesome.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Nice boobies . . . and other shots! The Land Iguanas are awesome!!! and the sea lion breakfast in action! WOW! Very cool wildlife shots! :D
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

Snow Nymph wrote:Nice boobies . . .
Did I miss something? Thought I saw all the photos! :unibrow:
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
Rosabella
Founding Member

Post by Rosabella »

LOL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Skibum
Founding Member

Post by Skibum »

Ditto!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BSquared »

So, is evolution so utterly, blindlingly obvious out there (like it is here, LOL) that we should just ship all the Creationists and Intelligent Designists out there and they'd come back converted?

Nah, no such luck, I'm sure ;)

BTW, my mother-in-law can do a great immitation of a blue-footed booby's mating dance... and she's pushing 90!