Seeking Bigfoot Encounter Stories

A place to explore the natural setting (geology, flora & fauna), people, constructed infrastructure and historical events that play and have played a part in shaping the Sierra Nevada as we know it today.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Seeking Bigfoot Encounter Stories

Post by rlown »

Funny you should mention cats.. A neighbor's feral cat just got into my back yard. Bubba went on attack. He got 4 wounds. Hopefully, the cat doesn't have rabies even though Bubba just had his shots.

Let's just say if the aliens return to pick up cats, and this one appears again in my backyard, they'll be one light on the trip back.

Now let's return to our happier search for those that can't be found.
Vaca Russ
Topix Expert

Post by Vaca Russ »

rlown wrote:Funny you should mention cats.. A neighbor's feral cat just got into my back yard. Bubba went on attack. He got 4 wounds.
Russ,

I have had a "feral cat" for years. He was one tough bad boy in his day. He use to bring home live everything including chickens and rabbits. He is on his last leg now. He is about half his normal weight. He is still the boss of his two little sisters.

Cats play dirty pool. When he started getting old, he would go out and pick fights with other cats, then run home, being chased, jump the fence, only to introduce his adversary to his two little "sisters". :D

Those girls would teach that cat a lesson.

I hope Bubba is OK!

-Russ
"...Or have you only comfort, and the lust for comfort, that stealthy thing that enters the house a guest, and then becomes a host and then a master?"

Kahil Gibran.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

don't know if the cat has an issue. It might as I tried to scare it away before, and it hissed at me.

And now i don't know if Bubba is ok. I treated his wounds, but that means nothing for days.

Seriously, go back to finding Bigfoot.. That which does not exist (in my mind) :D

I can find cats.. Find a bigfoot and don't advertise it on TV while you are effortless to find one.
lizardhaven
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Post by lizardhaven »

in the summer of 1980 i lived on Euclid Avenue in Upland, Ca. if you drove north on the street, it would join with Mountain Avenue and become the road to Mt Baldy. i had two sons, one 7 and one 13, and we often drove up to the mountain to hike and have a nice day. My brother Mike liked to tell tall tales. He came to visit and wanted to take the boys and dogs to camp overnight. that was fine with me, and i did not go since it would be the first time since i was a mother that i would be all alone.
they came back the next day with Mike talking about seeing bigfoot and also UFO's. etc. i paid no attention. but when my son talked to me he said there was some light in the sky that he had no idea what it was, and dd not think it was anything out of the ordinary.
then he told me that during the night he was awakened by the ground thumping, and something huge running past their camp. he said it smelled terrible. he was a very truthful boy and i have no doubt that what he said happened, happened.
i think that it was within a year that we went to Disneyland and on tom sawyers island they had a bigfoot center where i saw a map that showed a sighting at some time either in Azusa or LaVerne, i think, both foothill communities that were as near to the mountains as we were, and about a 20 minute drive from our house.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

first, welcome to HST.. Second, why report on bigfoot? prove it first.
Vaca Russ
Topix Expert

Post by Vaca Russ »

I will never have a problem with Bigfoot as long as I have these two vicious hounds standing guard.
033 (640x480).jpg
:) :)

-Russ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"...Or have you only comfort, and the lust for comfort, that stealthy thing that enters the house a guest, and then becomes a host and then a master?"

Kahil Gibran.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Bigfoot seems to use my hot tub now. He and Bubba might get along well.

A strange weekend for animals here. First, my wife wakes up and finds a black cat fell into the pool. Yes it lived (note i didn't say i got up). Then the next morning, There's a dog in my back yard, which is surrounded by chain link because of the pool. No holes. Bubba had a friend, but the dog left. I'm still scratching my head on that one as the dog could have only slipped out one place. Tried to use Bubba to locate the hole; no dice.

Bigfoot must have opened the gate..
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Thought I saw bigfoot up towards Island Lake in the Dinkey Lakes Wilderness wearing
some red shorts Russ. :lol:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Vaca Russ
Topix Expert

Post by Vaca Russ »

I was drinking coffee this morning. The girls heard a noise outside and broke into full-fledged "attack of the zombie" mode. They raised such a ruckus I had to investigate. :eek:
696.JPG
They made sure that monster wasn't going to eat anything from my garden. I had to physically drag them back into the house. They were kicking and screaming the whole way! :nod:

Thanks,

-Russ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kahil Gibran.
kd6swa
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by kd6swa »

WOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
Live Action! :D