Eastern Sierra Fall Colors

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
SierraVisions
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Eastern Sierra Fall Colors

Post by SierraVisions »

The cool nights over the last few days have worked thier magic on the aspens. Things are starting to happen up Bishop Creek and Rock Creek. We drove up Bishop Creek on Saturday and the trees were very green, but I went up there again this morning and the change was quite remarkable. There is much more yellow now, and a lot on the way. I think that by the first of Oct. the colors will be looking very nice.

I drove up Rock Creek yesterday and it's pretty much the same there. One sad thing though. The aspens that are at the top of the canyon on the east side, are done. The wind got them and they looked pretty much bare.

Convict Lake and Mcgee Creek still have a ways to go.

That's all for now.
Steven
CSF
Topix Acquainted

Post by CSF »

Good thing peak colors weren't happening last week or they would've blown away from all the wind! :) We were in town thurs-sat looking for rentals and houses to buy. Sure met a lot of nice locals. Can't wait to get up there!
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

*no_pics* :lol: :lol: :lol:
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SierraVisions
Founding Member

Post by SierraVisions »

I didn't gat any pics that day, because the smoke was horrible. As soon as I get pics I will post some. Today the wind is howling outside, but I may get up Bishop Creek tomorrow.