transportation from Lone Pine

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
don norton
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

transportation from Lone Pine

Post by don norton »

can some help me find transportation to nearest airport from Lone pine
Randonnee
Founding Member

Post by Randonnee »

Do you mean airport serviced by airlines?

If you are planning to fly your own plane in the Lone Pine airport is within walking distance from town.
"The distinguishing mark of true adventures, is that it is often no fun at all while they are actually happening." ? Kim Stanley Robinson
The Other Tom
Founding Member

Re: transportation from Lone Pine

Post by The Other Tom »

don norton wrote:can some help me find transportation to nearest airport from Lone pine
If you don't get any specific responses, google lone pine shuttle
huts

Post by huts »

Inyo Mono Transit and/or Crest (are they one in the same?) can get you to Reno.
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BSquared »

My own experience was that the quickest way "out" form LP was to take the CREST bus to Ridgecrest and rent a car one-way to LAX. The CREST bus only runs every other day, but if you time your exit right this is not a problem. Getting to Reno is harder, because the northbound CREST bus requires an overnight wait in Bishop, or at least that's what I remember.
huts

Post by huts »

Bus from Bishop to Reno is only T, Th and Fri. but I believe there is new daily service between Lone Pine and Bishop. Ph # 760 872-1901. Of course the car rental is another option (not for me.....L.A. traffic vs overnight in Bishop....hmmmm).