Another day in Paradise

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Another day in Paradise

Post by oldranger »

Thursday I walked "the Butte" as I do several times a week and was greeted with with this view of Three Fingered Jack at the top.
Three Fingered Jack.jpg
The most inspiring part of the walk was meeting a young man walking up the trail--one of his legs was artificial!

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Another day in Paradise

Post by RoguePhotonic »

I miss living in Oregon. Walking outside to see Mt. Hood sitting there. Now I walk outside and see a wall of smog blocking the mountains.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Re: Another day in Paradise

Post by oldranger »

Rogue

My condolences to you and all my smog bound friends. Growing up in Fresno and knowing the the Sierra was just a ways to the E but not visible (except after a winter storm) was not nice. The Cascades are not the Sierra but they beat that wall of smog by a long shot!

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!