Tent or Gear Repairs?

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
richlong8
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Tent or Gear Repairs?

Post by richlong8 »

Has anyone had a good or bad experience with a tent or gear repair? I am glad to report after I had a zipper on my Big Agnes Fly Creek 1 tent that began to fail at the end of last season, I contacted Big Agnes, and they had me send it back. They installed a complete new zipper, and it only cost me the $ to ship it back. I put 3 seasons of hard use on the tent. Very satisfied to have someone back up a warranty in that manner.
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Re: Tent or Gear Repairs?

Post by RoguePhotonic »

Well I have two Zpacks Hexamids that I sent in to get the zippers repaired. My solo plus also was fraying all over the tent and Zpacks told me they would tape that all for free also.

I haven't got them back yet but as long as I do then it should be a good experience.
markskor
Founding Member - RIP

Post by markskor »

Last year, both my Tarptent Rainbow and my Gregory 60 needed major repairs...blew out a tent zipper and then pulled out a major seam on the pack...both seemed fatal...
or at the least chronic :\ ).

Found a lady who lives here in Mammoth...quality gear seamstress who used to work for the mountain.
Cost me $20 for all.
Now if I could only find a good cobbler.
Mountainman who swims with trout
longri
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by longri »

I've patched fabric, sewn blown seams, removed and replaced zippers, and replaced broken pole sections. So far I've had only good experiences.
Ikan Mas
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Ikan Mas »

Found an excellent cobbler for your boots. Check out Dave Page Cobbler. Here is a link.

http://www.davepagecobbler.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I'll get some photos of the finished product.