Taboose Pass Backpack Photo Gallery

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
trailhiker
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Taboose Pass Backpack Photo Gallery

Post by trailhiker »

Hi everyone! Just found out about this great website so wanted to share a photojournal gallery I put together of a 5-day solo trek over the eastern Sierra's Taboose Pass I did in early August. If you've got the knees and stamina, it's a stupendous hike! Here are a few pics --

And if interested, the full trip gallery is here --
http://trailhiker.smugmug.com/gallery/1797901

Best Wishes,
Steve
http://www.trailhiker.smugmug.com

'To the complaint, 'There are no people in these photographs,' I respond, 'There are always two people: the photographer and the viewer.' - Ansel Adams
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Great photos trailhiker. I love the ones taken at Bench Lake, gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.
CSF
Topix Acquainted

Post by CSF »

That's some inspiring scenery! Welcome to the forums. :waving
trailhiker
Topix Newbie

Thanks for the welcome!

Post by trailhiker »

Should've been here long ago... ;) The reflection and campsite pics were actually taken at the "lakelet" just before Bench Lake; personally I think it's a better spot to camp as it's less buggy, you have the place to yourself--and the Arrow Peak reflections are more impressive.

Steve
http://www.trailhiker.smugmug.com

'To the complaint, 'There are no people in these photographs,' I respond, 'There are always two people: the photographer and the viewer.' - Ansel Adams
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

Thanks for sharing your trip th to one of those places I've always been afraid to tackle. Someday? ...David
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Welcome to the forum! :)

Bench Lake is one of my favorites. We did it as a side trip after coming out of Lakes Basin (a section of the SHR), but didn't get to spend enough time there. The reflections of Arrow Peak are awesome!

I like the way your captions are next to the photos, and I can scroll down. I'm with webshots and would LOVE to switch to smugmug, but I have 7 accounts and no time to move them over. :(

Thanks for the photos!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Buck Forester
Founding Member

Post by Buck Forester »

Sweet! Awesome pics... I'm especially partial to the Bench Lake/Arrow Peak ones! (or the scenic pond just behind Bench Lake!). Very nice.
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Great photos and welcome to HST! Another place to add to my must-see places when I recover from knee surgery. :D
madeintahoe
Topix Expert

Post by madeintahoe »

Trailhiker....I loved your beautiful pictures and story! Thank you for posting them here. We got 3 miles from Taboose Pass during Labor Day..so seeing your pictures of Taboose was really nice for me. What a beautiful area! :)