Hiking Pants

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Re: Hiking Pants

Post by oldranger »

oldhikerQ

I always buy lightest, cheapest quickdrying pants available. Now up to 5 pairs, One saved for car travel, two that I have managed to get paint or something else on with no change in useability and two others that are my primary backpacking pants. Most of my hiking is in shorts so, usually, I don't wear long pants until I set up camp at the end of the day. Only in dry weather less than 45° will I wear long pants when hiking. Anytime it is above freezing and wet I wear shorts--It is easier to dry off my legs than the pants.

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

I've moved from shorts to pants in the last 3 years. I just get marine surplus pants. I like them as they do have extra useful pockets, double seat, double knees and they are wind proof and dry fast if I wade in them. And, they're cheap. Not having to put sunscreen on my legs or accidentally miss a spot makes it better for me and my sleeping bag.
87TT
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by 87TT »

Check out the sale rack at Big 5. I usually stock up in the fall.
BrianF
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by BrianF »

stay away from these:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The direction you are moving in is what matters, not the place you happen to be -Colin Fletcher