I-40 Sunset

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

I-40 Sunset

Post by oldranger »

Heading east on I=40 a few miles w. of Albuquerque we had a hard time keeping our eyes on the road.
IMG_5322.JPG
Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
The Other Tom
Founding Member

Re: I-40 Sunset

Post by The Other Tom »

Very nice. How far east are you going?
Fly Guy Dave
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Fly Guy Dave »

I don't know what it is about Arizona and New Mexico, but the sunsets there are some of the best I've ever seen anywhere. Thanks for sharing that one, too.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --The Dude (Jeff Lebowski)

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Tom

My son, Matt, and I are doing road trip together before he reports to Boatswain Mate A-School for the Coast Guard at Yorktown Virginia. Yesterdays highlight was a somber visit to the Oklahoma Bombing Memorial.
IMG_5327.JPG
Today we stopped at A&R Bar-B-Que in Memphis for Ribs. Short day tomorrow to spend a little time in Nashville. Chance of severe thunderstorms and tornadoes tomorrow night and wednesday!

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Nice cloud colors. It must be fun and special to do a cross country road trip with
your son. :)
You are flying back home, right? Have safe one out there Mike!
Oldranger wrote: Chance of severe thunderstorms and tornadoes tomorrow
night and wednesday!
That sounds like a good possibility for some cool photo's.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
The Other Tom
Founding Member

Post by The Other Tom »

oldranger wrote:Tom

My son, Matt, and I are doing road trip together before he reports to Boatswain Mate A-School for the Coast Guard at Yorktown Virginia. Yesterdays highlight was a somber visit to the Oklahoma Bombing Memorial.
IMG_5327.JPG
Today we stopped at A&R Bar-B-Que in Memphis for Ribs. Short day tomorrow to spend a little time in Nashville. Chance of severe thunderstorms and tornadoes tomorrow night and wednesday!

Mike
Thanks, Mike
Coast to coast. Now that's a road trip. Hope you enjoyed the Memphis bar-b-que more than my wife and I did last summer. It was ok but I like mine better.
Have a nice trip. Hope you're not driving back by yourself.
Tom
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Mav and Tom

Yep, flying back on superbowl sunday. Supposed to be home in time to watch the game.

Mike
Mike

rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

I am completely amazed Matt has the guts to have you along in such a confined space for so many hours for so many days. :D
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

You meant to say "supposed to come back and watch the 49er's win" Mike, but
I understand you're probably tired from all that driving. :D
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Ah Russ,

Unfortunately as in almost everything he can outdo his oldman in that regard. I got wet from opening the window in the rain as we crossed AZ! :angry:

Maverick,

Actually I hoping for a 0-0 tie! Since the Seahawks didn't make it I don't want anyone to win. :moon:

My biggest concern is that If I get in after the game starts Kathy won't come and pick me up! :-({|=

M
Mike