Humphrey's Basin TR Dedicated to the Memory of "Quentinc"

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
BakoGal
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Humphrey's Basin TR Dedicated to the Memory of "Quentinc"

Post by BakoGal »

THAT is the kind of stuff that makes me want to get out there...thanks for inspiring/sharing!
Stevehymon
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by Stevehymon »

Beautiful photographs!! Congrats on getting them and the hard work that went into it.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Thank you BakoGal and Steve.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator

Post by giantbrookie »

Wow those are nice. They are all nice, but, like several who have posted above, I find the "Eagle has Landed" particularly striking. It is seriously dramatic and the 3D aspect is amazing.

My very favorite photo of my dad's (he did his own B and W developing and printing), one of Mt Banner over Thousand Is Lake with thin clouds that seem to radiate from summit, had a similar 3D aspect but was a somewhat tranquil scene in contrast to the dynamic one in the Eagle Has Landed.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sparky
Topix Fanatic

Post by sparky »

I hate to echo everyone else and not say anything fresh, but all those photos are fantastic. What a special place.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Thank you Giantbrookie and Sparky.

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Herm
Topix Regular

Post by Herm »

Thanks for sharing Mav - a fitting tribute Quentinc.
As others have already said, this is some great work, from one of my favorite places on earth. Makes me want to be there in September.
Herm
I am not in a hurry, so don't be hasty.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Thanks Herm, and hope you get up their on your annual trip this year!

whrdafamI?
Topix Regular

Post by whrdafamI? »

Amazing pics Mav! I have seen some beautiful mornings up in HB but none quite like yours. So pleased to see you back on here!
Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it!

Get busy living or get busy dying.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Thank you on both notes Bill.