Moving on....

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
sparky
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Moving on....

Post by sparky »

Well folks, my fellow denizens of the Sierra, I am turning to a new chapter in my life. I am chasing a woman to Denver Colorado. I am quitting my highly enjoyable and great paying job, have sold or given away most of my things, and am moving first to Oklahoma City for a few months until my significant other completes a project there. Then we move on to Denver Colorado.

I post this here because only you folks know how truly special the Sierra is. I have done multiple hiking trips to the Colorado Rockies over the years, and I know the place is great. I am sure I will love it just fine. But I am really going to miss the Sierra. I know you understand. Enjoy your next outing just a little bit extra for me will ya?

Sure I will probably visit once per year, but will that be enough?!?! :eek:

When I find some noteworthy destinations in CO, I will be sure to share them with you all.

Maverick, it was a real pleasure hiking with you, hopefully we will share the trail or steep crumbling mountainside again soon. I would really like to do Southern Utah this spring if possible :thumbsup:

Cheers HST
Shawn
Topix Fanatic

Re: Moving on....

Post by Shawn »

Hey Sparky -

Sure sorry to see you go; best wishes to you in Colorado. We'll be sure to post lots of TR's in an effort to lure you (and the woman) back to the Sierra. :D

In the mean time, please keep in touch and have a blast in all your new adventures in life!

Shawn
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

Love is the center of everything. But love that can be returned is more important then any mountain we could climb.

Have fun out there! :D
austex
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by austex »

Sure I will probably visit once per year, but will that be enough?!?! :eek:

I got out to the Sierras 3x last year living in Texas....

Go well into life.
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

Oh, the hardships we men will go through in pursuit of a woman.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
balzaccom
Topix Addict

Post by balzaccom »

Does she know you are chasing her? If not, it's stalking...and we need to talk!

just kidding. Hope you still stop in here from time to time...and that you DO keep us up to date on great hikes in Colorado!
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-R ... 0984884963
Timberline
Topix Regular

Post by Timberline »

Sparky - -
Sorry to see you go, but who can argue with your reason?! Best wishes to you both.
Can't offer much experience on CO backpacking, but it has its own special places - -

*try Notch Mountain, opposite Mt. of the Holy Cross, for a fabled tradition. Can be a dayhike, or longer if you want to soak up the vibe.

*some neat ghost towns, like Crystal and the Treasure Valley beyond it in the Elk Range. Actually, the Elk Range has lots to offer, including one of CO's most scenic peaks, Mt. Sopris (not to mention Maroon Bells, but their secret was let out a long time ago).

*the Collegiate Range and the San Juans - lots of remote, beautiful places.

Go see 'em all! Then come home again to the Sierra!
Let 'er Buck! Back in Oregon again!
Troutdog 59
Topix Expert

Post by Troutdog 59 »

Good luck in your adventures Sparky. I have always liked the style you have brought to HST. Send us a couple CO TR's next summer!!!
Once in a while you can get shown the light
In the strangest places if you look at it right.

The Grateful Dead
k9mark
Topix Regular

Post by k9mark »

Granted their is much beauty here, but I envy you not having to live in the most tax burdened, regulated, and entitlement driven state any longer. You'll enjoy the Rockies just as much if not more than the Sierra's.
God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes
LMBSGV
Topix Fanatic

Post by LMBSGV »

Best wishes on the move, Sparky. Please continue to post your great trip reports and any other comments and incites.
I don’t need a goal destination. I need a destination that meets my goals.

http://laurencebrauer.com