Note found in Sequoia 40 years on

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
The Other Tom
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Re: Note found in Sequoia 40 years on

Post by The Other Tom »

Hi Charles. Welcome to HST. Great first post !
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator

Post by giantbrookie »

This is a pretty cool story. The pk 12785 ESE of Table Mtn. does sound like the most likely candidate, especially because of its altitude, the region, and the fact that it has a relatively mild ESE flank (figure that this is a class 2 climb). In 1972 one would have been hiking with the old 15' topos so the 15' elevation is what he would have gone by then. I'm the same age as him, but I didn't leave little notes on unnamed summits until 7 years later (1979), chief among them being 11445 btw the two forks of Ferguson Creek N of the Tableland and 10960+ N of 11110 ENE of Crescent L. I was also up Glacier Divide 12416 on the same trip but Galen Rowell had been there 8 years earlier.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kingofthemountains
Topix Novice

Post by kingofthemountains »

this is a cool story, i hope people will find my hidden notes in the mountain tops sometime down the road :partyman: