Cross Country Ski Package??

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Re: Cross Country Ski Package??

Post by oldranger »

Mark

A local surplus store had lots of heavy (and light) wool pants that I think would be pretty easy for your mammoth seamstress to convert to knickers. The only problem is no ginormous waist sizes. :D

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by markskor »

oldranger wrote:Mark

A local surplus store had lots of heavy (and light) wool pants that I think would be pretty easy for your mammoth seamstress to convert to knickers. The only problem is no ginormous waist sizes. :D

Mike
Mike,
That wise crack about "ginormous" aside...

There are no surplus stores in Mammoth.
On a side note, just found some nice Karhu Telemark boots...(last years model) for $90 here at Brian's in Mammoth. Now if the lakes would ever freeze over.
Mountainman who swims with trout
BrianF
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by BrianF »

Mark, I think the Ginormous waist size is actually meant to be good advice. I just gave my old wool Knickers to goodwill a couple of years ago because after having them probably 20+ years the waistband began shrinking over the summers :retard:
The direction you are moving in is what matters, not the place you happen to be -Colin Fletcher