Long term diet planning

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
balzaccom
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Long term diet planning

Post by balzaccom »

Yes, tomorrow is Thanksgiving--easily the best eating holiday we celebrate in this country. Along with everyone else, we'll be chowing down on a fabulous feast. And worrying just a bit about how we are going to lose all those extra calories.

Let's see. How many calories are we going to be eating? And how many calories do we use up on a day of backpacking?

OK...so the more we eat tomorrow, the more days we'll have to go backpacking next summer.

This seems like a win/win.

Hope your holiday is a good one.
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-R ... 0984884963
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Re: Long term diet planning

Post by gary c. »

I'd be scared to count the calories but I won't have any problem asking someone to pass the gravy. :unibrow: I hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving and gets a chance to walk a few of those calories off over the weekend.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
Ikan Mas
Topix Regular

Post by Ikan Mas »

Birds about to come out of the oven (taking it up to So. Oregon). Smells good. A sweet potato and combo sweet potato/apple pie are also waiting.

Always take my local hiking book and boots with me so I have something better to do than Black Friday Madness. Got my steelhead gear as well. Still haven't made up my mind whether to hit the Rogue or the Klamath. Plenty to do in God's Country.
RiseToADry
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by RiseToADry »

Beautiful logic. Greater the caloric intake = greater distances to walk for fish. I will chow down thinking of this tomorrow.

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :drinkers: =D>
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

just waiting on the BBQ'd bird to hit the temp.. Sides of Rutabaga, dressing, et al, are done.

I do like to eat, and even better than that is to cook.