Exploring Along the MK Road

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Re: Exploring Along the MK Road

Post by SSSdave »

tomba wrote:
SSSdave wrote:get the BLM 100K Surface Management Map for that area that shows public land areas.
BLM land seems to be shown in light tan-orange color on GeoCommunicator map.

Thanks Tomba,

Very useful otherwise hard to find information on that site I'll be regularly making considerable use of. Driving along public roads, most BLM lands are not signed so one cannot tell private from public. The government seems to prefer that because it keeps people out. Like the base map switching mode from street map to topo to DOIC.

David
Ozark Flip
Topix Regular

Post by Ozark Flip »

Right on with the right on Roo! And, thanks for the link tomba.

I love exploring old roads and the season to do so begins now (a winter season thingy for me). Tuolumne and Merced drainages both have awesome old roads complete with history and old relics galore.

I hope your trash gathering excuse works for you when starring down the business end of a long shiny barrel. :D
ndwoods
Founding Member

Post by ndwoods »

That was an awesome report! I love stuff like that. A few years ago I was privileged to do 2-3 overnighters in Yosemite with a friend whose family used to own a stage stop near White Wolf and still own quite a bit of land on the Evergreen aka Hetch Hetchy Rd. My friend's dad went with us a couple of those times and took us all over off trail exploring old family pools and house foundations and stuff. He is a member of the Groveland Hist Soc so I am sure his knowledge will be avail to others someday...:)
Thanks for a great TR!
Dee
http://ndeewoods.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;