Any Henry Coe fans out there?

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
hikerblogger
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Any Henry Coe fans out there?

Post by hikerblogger »

I did an overnighter there last weekend. Pix & ramblings here:

http://tommangan.net/archives/cat_backp ... _park.html

this is sorta on-topic because the rangers at Henry Coe tell everybody that people don't train for the Sierra at Henry Coe, People train for Henry Coe in the Sierra.

Some of the trails are truly evil, though they're not really trails -- they're dirt roads built for cars/trucks/tractors. The single-tracks at Coe are almost all well-traversed and reasonably easy to hike.

I'm starting to develop a real affection for the place.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Nice report. Henry Coe is on my list of places to hike soon given I live so darn close. I just haven't gotten around to it yet, but sometime soon..
hikerblogger
Topix Novice

Post by hikerblogger »

Coe is even better in the spring, when the hills green up and the creeks are flowing. I'm thinking of doing a five-day out there in April or May.
JM21760
Topix Regular
Location: Carson City, NV. Former Tahoe South Shore, 25 years.

Post by JM21760 »

Ya know, I've never been there. And I grew up in Castro Valley. We used to run around Las Trampas and Sunol a lot. Diablo too, where the coons walk on you in the middle of the night. :paranoid: