Sierra Putting Green

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Sierra Putting Green

Post by maverick »

A golfers dream, beautiful skies, fresh air, and smooth greens. Let's have a HST Golf
Tournament in Humphreys Basin next year Eric.
Bring your own clubs! :D
http://WildernessApertures.com/img/s4/v ... 2146-6.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
The Other Tom
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Re: Sierra Putting Green

Post by The Other Tom »

Very nice. Although I know your comment was tongue in cheek, I wonder how many golfers we have here. ( Not me, too busy with other stuff :) )
DriveFly44
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by DriveFly44 »

Sweet pic.....makes me want to flush a seven iron and watch it fly with that backdrop. Was in the business as a pro and then gm for 15 years. Now a school teacher so I now have time to play more golf :D And that's where the "drive" part of my name comes from. The fly is the pilot part of me. Together they describe my greatest passion.......fishing :thumbsup:

Ladd
BrianF
Topix Regular

Post by BrianF »

Beautiful! Humphreys Basin is such a spectacular setting and there are so many mini-landscapes surrounded by glory
The direction you are moving in is what matters, not the place you happen to be -Colin Fletcher
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

I've played a lot of golf but that isn't the reason I like this pic. It's something different here and is really cool (does this word show my age?).
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

That was a water trap last Sept. nice photo.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

maverick wrote:A golfers dream, beautiful skies, fresh air, and smooth greens. Let's have a HST Golf
Tournament in Humphreys Basin next year Eric.
Bring your own clubs! :D
http://WildernessApertures.com/img/s4/v ... 2146-6.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I...am...game. :thumbsup:
I suck, my game is as good as my backpacking skilz, but I'm down regardless, haha.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
austex
Topix Expert

Post by austex »

"golf" "club" both 4 letter words... "Guinness" :drinkers: :rolleyes: book for loftiest hole in golf!? 3 clubs divided and shared ought to do it. The hard part w/b to get a PGA type to come to certify it.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Thanks Tom. My wife plays a little, its all television when it comes to golf for me.

Thanks Ladd. Will make the assumption that as a pro you played a lot of courses
around the US and possibly beyond, which had the most lasting impression scenery
wise?

Thanks Brian. Your absolutely correct that there are a lot of hidden mini-landscapes
one can find in Humphreys Basin which is what makes it so intriguing.

Thanks Cross Country. Cool is one of the words that crossed my mind when first
laying my eyes on this to!

Thanks Rlown.

Eric, we will have HST printed on all the flags at each hole! :nod:

Austex, you can supply the Guinness since you brought it up. :D
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Herm
Topix Regular

Post by Herm »

Maverick;
I really like this picture, with the green grass almost looking mowed, and the golden grasses of fall glowing, with Glacier Divide as a backdrop - very nice. On my previous trips to HB, there were visions of golf in my head, so thanks for the reminder. Tee it up and let it rip!
Funny that I replied to this post once before, but I guess the reply didn't take. User error for sure.
Herm
Last edited by Herm on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not in a hurry, so don't be hasty.