Meeting up

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Meeting up

Post by RoguePhotonic »

Well i'll be the first to add a trip.

Going to day hike Telescope Peak in Death Valley on the 20th. Get your asses out and make the climb with me. :p
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

A calendar capability won't happen that fast, Rogue. Nice to know where you're gonna be though.
sparky
Topix Fanatic

Post by sparky »

I would but Telescope peak is too tall :D :D

Just kidding...I might consider it...ill pm you if I can go...last minute of course :D
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

Well if you do the plan right now is to go on Friday and camp out. Make the climb Saturday and head home Sunday.
richlong8
Topix Expert

Post by richlong8 »

I'm always open to hiking with anyone. I only spend so much time solo on the trail because no one else will go.
If I do another major hike next year you people should get out with me.
Since we are both from Bakersfield, perhaps next year... I am willing to try and "intersect" you somewhere on one of your fantastic marathons, or just do a shorter trip.

This weekend, I will be in McGee Creek Canyon. If anyone is in the vicinity, I wear a cowboy hat, black Go-Lite pack, and might have my labrador with me this trip.

Another thought: On a trip last month out of Road's End, I deliberately wore my High Sierra Topix teeshirt. I talked to a few people who were familiar with the site. I think the shirt is like the bumper sticker, opens some doors to expand the community, and for conversation.
Bluewater
Topix Expert

Meeting up

Post by Bluewater »

I'm late joining this thread and relatively new to HST, but I find myself reading the forum all the time. I would welcome some way to coordinate with other HST members, possibly through a calendar. The Whitney forum uses a calendar for people to post their routes, number of hikers in the group and dates of travel etc. I will be in Sabrina, Evolution, Darwin and out via Sabrina this Thurs - Sun. I carry a white homemade pack. The dogs will have to stay home for this trip.