Suppliers for outdoor wear/gear construction?

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
Rosabella
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Suppliers for outdoor wear/gear construction?

Post by Rosabella »

Hi Trailblazer (and anyone else who might construct outdoor gear) -

I'm trying to find a supplier for good 4-way-stretch polarfleece. A couple years ago you had posted or sent me a list of suppliers for outdoor gear fabric but I can't find it. I'd sure appreciate the info again if you've got it available :) This time I'll make copies!

Thanks!
Rosie
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Hi Rosie

Here is a very comprehensive list http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/tips/sources.asp
Seattle Fabrics, Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics, and Malden Mills probably sell what your looking for. backpacking.net has a specific forum to ask questions about making your own - with a lot of imformation gathered in the forum over the years. Hope this helps :)
Greg
Rosabella
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Rosabella »

Thanks Greg!

I contacted Malden Mills and they've got the 4-way stretch that I'm looking for. :D

I've been stuck to my sewing machine working on a Snow Queen tutu and Snow King costume for the Nutcracker here.... but once I'm done with them I can do some fun sewing for me.

Thanks again!
Rosie