What a difference a year makes!

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

What a difference a year makes!

Post by gary c. »

I know that some of you followed Erin's (AKA Wired) PCT blog last year. This year she came back and did the JMT just to see what she couldn't see under the snow last year. Even if you didn't follow her hike last year I think you will like her collection of picture comparisons.

http://erinspctjournal.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
DriveFly44
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: What a difference a year makes!

Post by DriveFly44 »

That was neat to see. And some of those crossings were brutal!
Windwalker
Founding Member

Post by Windwalker »

That's amazing!
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

Last year was a brutal year for the PCT hikers. If you scroll down a little ways below the comparison pictures there is a video done by her sometime hiking partners of water crossings and glissading last year.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
mcdermtj
Topix Novice

Post by mcdermtj »

that was rad, I always wonder what my surroundings look like in different seasons...those river flows look pretty cool too.
Do or Do Not. There is No Try.